Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ahh, the sweet smell of saving money... part 2

Like I said before, (I think I said before..) I use to coupon a lot, but got out of the habit.  Recent situations required that we re-aquaint ourselves with that special form of currency!    It took me a few weeks to get myself together, but the Target frozen food/gift card deals were a great jump start!  It was a win-win!  At least for us! 

Now, last week was technically week 2, but it was really the first week I was able to really get down and dirty with the ads and printables.  Kudos to my mentors, The Krazy Coupon Lady and Totally Target!  They ROCK!  There are MANY others, too many to mention here.  Suffice it to say FB newsfeed and my email in box are rocking with deals.   My hat is off to them all!  Thank you!!!

So..  week 2 of serious couponing begins when I started Sunday out with another trip to Food Lion to take advantage of yet another pack of Pampers.  I grabbed a pack of  50 newborn pampers for $2.99 plus tax. (regular 10.99).   It looked so nice sitting next to the one I got on Saturday... ok, maybe not, humor me, ok?

Monday, I had my Pediacare coupons cut along with my Walgreens pedicare coupon with the intention of scoring 2 bottles of fever reducer for free.  Sadly, I had to pay $1.00 each because the children's dosage ran higher than the infant drops.  BUT, I still saved 11.50, so all was not lost.  SOOO.. I decided to go the next day when I was directed to better coupons from my sources.  The poor young sales clerk was totally confused with how I could stack coupons, so she had to call the manager.  Finally I walked out with (2) more Pedicare infant drops for 50 cents.   (the coupons I had were resulted in a money maker and the manager would not push it through so I had to go back to my old $1.50 off two).  So, bottom line, I have (4) bottles of fever reducer that was worth $27.00 for the bargain price of $2.63 after tax.  Not too shabby!

Well, I am not proud of this, but I could not help myself.  I got a little OCD with the Rite Aid $3.99 coupon against the $3.99 Thermacare back thingy... I could not have an odd number.  So I ended up with 20.oops.... just recounted I have 26.  Holding my head in shame, (but do know that I did not wipe out the shelves at the 5 Rite Aids I visited during the whole week), my total of (20) (26) 3.99 Thermacare Back thingy's cost me out of pocket... ZIP / ZERO dollars and ZERO cents.  Total saved: $83.79 $108.93

So in the meantime,  my other coupons for my Purex 3 in 1 detergent arrived mid week and I was oh so pleased to be able to use them with my final rain check at CVS...  Regularly 8.79 each x 10 = 87.90 plus tax = $92.30...  but my rain check was for $3.99 and I had (10) $3.00 coupons plus $8.00 in extra care bucks... my total cost out of pocket... are you ready?  $3.89 for a savings of $88.41... color me happy.   Between last week and this week, I should not have to buy laundry detergent for a VERY long time!


So, thus far, all together $214.80 $239.94 in merchandise.

$9.66 out of pocket

Total savings $205.23 $230.27 (can you say cha-ching?)

I've been checking out next weeks coupons and deals getting my game plan on.  Not really sure if I will have much to post as we are in the midst of remodeling the bathroom.  The way I see it, there will always be similar deals in a few months if I do miss them.  
Well, off to do laundry!  Have a great week!

No comments: